Unless specified otherwise, your documents are stored on your device and are never sent to a third party server unless you explicitly choose to (eg. export by Email, Dropbox, ...).
What data does Genius Scan collect?
- Some of the export plugins (currently Evernote) allow you to attach your location to the exported document. If you choose to do so, Genius Scan will obtain your location and attach it to the document.
- We use Google Analytics to collect some usage data. This includes what features users use and how often. We use it to get a better knowledge of what features we need to improve, refactor, remove. We don't collect personal identification and only use the data in aggregate.
- We display banner ads in Genius Scan (but not in Genius Scan+).
- [Android] Ads are provided by third party ad providers. They collect usage data to display ads relevant to you.
- [iOS] We display our own ad banners. We only collect tap rates on the banners and we don't transfer any information to third parties.