The Grizzly Labs fully respects your privacy and makes sure that your data is always protected. By using the application Genius Scan, you consent to the present policy.
Your documents are only stored on your device and are never sent to a third-party unless you explicitly choose to (if your export them to other apps, or back them up to a cloud storage service).
If you opt for Genius Cloud
If you subscribe to Genius Cloud, your documents will be stored on our servers so that Genius Scan can synchronize them between your devices and back them up. We may provide additional services that automatically extract information from your documents such as indexing them for better search or suggesting better titles when saving new documents.
Your data remains yours, and are processed with the following safeguards:
- All communications between our applications and servers (and between data centers, too) are encrypted. Your documents are also stored encrypted at rest.
- You can access, edit, export and delete your data by logging into your account in Genius Scan and at geniuscloud.com – where you can manage and close it too.
- We don’t share your data with anyone except for complying with the law, operating the service and respecting our rights.
- We may need to access your data to debug issues that you report to our customer support team.
- We don't collect personal information unless we truly need it to operate the services. That is: email address and password for registration, IP address and device info for document synchronization.
What data we may collect and how we process it
Some of the export plugins available in Genius Scan may allow you to attach personal information to the exported document (e.g your location). In that case, Genius Scan will obtain the requested information and attach it to the document.
We use Google Analytics to collect and analyze usage data, such as which features are used and how often. We use this data in aggregate to know what to improve, refactor or remove from the application. This data is anonymized and deleted within 26 months.
We use Crashlytics to collect and analyze crash logs. This information is pseudonimized and kept for up to 90 days. Genious Cloud logs are used to debug our servers and are archived for up to a year. If you encounter a problem with Genius Scan, you may also send us your app logs by email so that our developers can investigate the situation and resolve the issue.
We only display banner ads in the free version of Genius Scan:
- on iOS, we display our own creative. We only collect tap rates on the banners and we don't transfer any information to third parties.
- on other platforms, ads may be provided by third party providers. They collect pseudonymized usage data to display ads that are relevant to you.
We make sure to store data only in the EU or in countries that are deemed adequate by European regulators (e.g under EU-US or Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks).
|Help Scout||Customer help desk|
|Amazon AWS||Cloud infrastructure hosting|
|Heroku||Cloud application platform|
|Google LLC||Analytics and advertising|
|New Relic||Performance monitoring|
Changes to this policy
How to contact us
If you have any question about your privacy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us via our website at thegrizzlylabs.com or write to us at 47 rue Liancourt, 75014 Paris, France.