Your documents are stored on your device and are never sent to a third-party unless you explicitly choose to – e.g if you email your scans or export them to other apps like Dropbox.
If you opt for Genius Cloud
You can choose to have to have your documents synchronized between your devices by creating a Genius Cloud. In this case, your documents will be automatically saved online with the following safeguards:
Your data remains yours
- Your documents are private, as in no other users can see them. We may need to access your data to debug some issues you report.
- We may provide additional services requiring automated systems to read your data to extract some information. For instance, we might do so to index your documents so you can find them more easily, to organize your scans by recognizing their types, or to automatically suggest better document titles.
Your data is protected
- Our business model is old-fashioned: we only make money when you decide to pay us for a great product. This means that trust is our biggest asset and keeping your data private is fundamental.
- Communications between our applications and servers (and between our various data centers) are all encrypted.
- We don’t ask you for personal information unless we truly need it. (We can’t stand services that ask you for things like your gender or income level for no apparent reason.)
- We don’t share your personal information with anyone except to comply with the law or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on our servers unless required for the ongoing operation of one of our services.
What data does the application collect?
Some of the export plugins – currently Evernote – allow you to attach your location to the exported document. If you choose to do so, Genius Scan will obtain your location and attach it to the document. We also use Google Analytics to collect some usage data, such as which features are used and how often. We use it occasionally to get a better knowledge of what need to be improve, refactored and removed.
We don't collect personal identification – unless you opt for Genius Cloud – and we only use the data in aggregate.
We display banner ads in Genius Scan (but not in Genius Scan+).
- On iOS, we display our own ad banners. We only collect tap rates on the banners and we don't transfer any information to third parties.
- On other platforms, ads may be provided by third party ad providers. They collect usage data to display ads relevant to you.
Questions and feedback
Last modified: November 14, 2017